Our aim & approach
Our vision is to bring wholesome education to every child within our lifetime
We impart a broad, flexible framework of progressive education to transform rural and tribal schools in India. Our key focus is to improve the overall learning ecosystem of a child which includes their learning environment, infrastructure as well as learning methodology that leads to better learning outcomes.
We have moved away from rote learning methods and applied breakthrough learning approaches and technology to empower the rural students with 21st century learning skills, literary skills and life skills.
IAHV also supports the Art of Living Free Schools to bring modern and holistic education to children in locations that are outside the reach of government or private programs.
Our well-defined approach is built on three pillars:
1. Engaging with the community
- We engage with local education departments and school authorities to initially assess the needs of a school for infrastructure, technology and learning methodology improvements
- Parents and elders are sensitized to the importance of education
- We proactively reach out to community influencers to ensure children stay in school
- Teachers from the community are trained to ensure a strong community bond
2. Providing free education
- Our children are mostly from a background of abject poverty, and most are first generation learners
- Many of our schools are in areas where there are no government schools
- We address the social, economic and cultural barriers that keep children away from school
- Our students get free school uniforms, a warm lunch daily, bus transfer from home to school and medical and dental care
3. Value-based education
- We undertake capacity building workshops for teachers to implement our pedagogical approach with digital trainings for transformation
- We focus on combining formal education with life skills that include building the child’s confidence, leadership, and interpersonal skills and developing spiritual tools, through meditation techniques and a foundation of human values
- Our schools nurture a child holistically
- Family values are strengthened, and progressive attitudes strengthen social and cultural barriers